When sweater weather rolls around, it’s easy to get complacent about your body. A few rolls and bulges don’t seem as concerning when you’re not planning on wearing a swimsuit or crop top any time soon. Bikini season may be over until next summer, but taking care of your body still has benefits. Sexy curves fill out that sweater better. And, when you look your best, confidence follows.
Keep your body at its best this fall and winter with a body shaping treatment at Perceptions Aesthetic Spa. We have many options available, including CoolSculpting, Emsculpt, and Exilis Ultra skin tightening.
What’s the Difference Between CoolSculpting and Emsculpt?
CoolSculpting and Emsculpt are both body shaping treatments, but they work in two very different ways to enhance your curves.
- Emsculpt: Emsculpt builds and stimulates the muscles to burn more fat and tone the body. It uses high-intensity focused electromagnetic energy to create frequent, rapid muscle contractions. By triggering muscle contractions that are stronger and more abundant than those you can achieve through natural exercise, Emsculpt can rapidly shape and tone an area. One study found an average fat reduction of about 19% with Emsculpt and muscle gains of approximately 17%. Emsculpt treatment takes about 30 minutes and requires no downtime. Results peak about two to three months after treatment.
- CoolSculpting: CoolSculpting uses a scientifically proven process called cryolipolysis to freeze and destroy fat cells. Intense cold crystallizes fat, essentially destroying the treated fat cells. The body processes and removes these fat cells through natural elimination channels after treatment. CoolSculpting reduces the waistline (or the size of other treated areas) by eliminating fat. You can get this treatment anywhere you have excess fat, including under the chin, the waist, the arms, etc. On average, CoolSculpting patients reduce the fat layer by about 20% in a single treatment. A typical procedure takes about an hour with no downtime. Results appear gradually over two to three months after treatment.
CoolSculpting and Emsculpt are two of our favorite ways to shape and contour the body. Although they attack unwanted fat from different pathways, both yield stunning results.
CoolSculpting or Emsculpt: Which Treatment Is Right for Me?
CoolSculpting and Emsculpt are both body shaping options, but because they work differently, one treatment may be a better fit than the other. Our team can help you decide between our available non-surgical body sculpting options. Here are some general guidelines to help you understand the strengths of each treatment.
- For a tighter tummy – Choose Emsculpt to get a sexy six-pack.
- To tone and define – Emsculpt is ideal for shaping and sculpting muscles.
- To target love handles or a muffin top – CoolSculpting is an effective solution for targeted fat removal.
Which Treatment Is Safer, CoolSculpting or Emsculpt?
Both CoolSculpting and Emsculpt are FDA-cleared with a proven safety record. Severe side effects are rare after either treatment. We’ll ask you questions about your medical history to make sure the treatment you choose is right for you. Contact Perceptions Aesthetic Spa to schedule your CoolSculpting or Emsculpt consultation. Our office phone number is (916) 844-0155.