Laser Hair Removal at Perceptions Aesthetic Spa
One of the most popular cosmetic procedures at Perceptions is Laser Hair Removal (Laser Hair Reduction).
Our laser technology provides a highly effective and comfortable way to eliminate undesirable hair for all parts of the body.
How to Prepare For Laser Hair Treatment
- No tweezing, waxing or plucking the treatment area 3-4 weeks prior to scheduled treatment
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds and self-tanner two weeks prior to treatment
- *IMPORTANT* Shave treatment area day of treatment PRIOR to coming into Perceptions
- Some medications (particularly antibiotics) can cause increased sensitivity to the laser, discuss any medications you are taking with your provider.
- No pregnant women prior to starting treatment
What To Expect with Laser Hair Removal
The laser settings are set according to your skin type, thickness and location of the hair being treated.
The heat from the laser stays in your skin for 24 hours, so it is best to avoid the gym and long, hot showers up to 24 hours after treatment.
It is important to remember all Laser Hair Removal is actually Laser Hair Reduction and will not be 100%. The industry standard is 75%-90% reduction. While everyone varies, hormone fluctuations throughout your lifetime can cause hair to grow back and may make additional treatments necessary.
It is also important to note, you should always add sunscreen into your daily routine.
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
Yes. However, Laser Hair Removal works by targeting the melanin in the hair; therefore, it is most effective on darker, thicker hair and light skin tones. The number of treatments required for reduction will vary depending on a number of factors including skin type.
Unfortunately, red hair, grey hair and very fine hair is untreatable with the laser due to the lack of color at the base of the follicle.
Time of treatment will vary depending on the area treated from 5 minutes to an hour or more for multiple larger surface areas.